One man has died and another two are believed missing after a boat sank off the West Sussex coast.
A 45-year-old man from London was rescued at about 05:50 BST after the vessel went down two miles off the coast of Shoreham, the RNLI said.
The rescued man, who said he was part of a crew of four, was found clinging to a buoy and saved by a passing fisherman.
The coastguard suspended its search for the two missing crew members on Sunday.
Andy Jenkins, controller with the UK Coastguard, said: “Following an extensive search of the area using multiple assets nothing further has been found at this time so the decision has been made to suspend the search pending further information.
“A review of the incident details will be ongoing through the rest of the day.”
The rescued man, who is originally from Romania, was picked up by an RNLI lifeboat and taken to shore at Shoreham before being taken to hospital.
BBC South East reporter Simon Jones said it was thought he had been in the water for several hours.
He added there had been some communication difficulties between the rescued man and emergency crews, but he told them there had been three other men in boat.
A search of the area started and a man’s body was recovered from the sea at about 08:15. It was brought ashore by a coastguard helicopter.
Boats and ships in the area were asked to look out for the two men still missing from the boat.
Sussex Police said they believed the four men, all thought to be Romanian, left Brighton Marina at about midnight and the boat may have sunk “a couple of hours later, but the facts are not clear at this time”.
The men are thought to have gone out to sea on a fishing trip.
Earlier reports had suggested two boats had been involved in a collision, but the coastguard said it was unsure what had caused the vessel to sink.
The Marine Accident Investigation Branch is examining what happened.